Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photo Rants & Raves

You know what's been frustrating me for the past year or two since I've been active in Chictopia? It's the photo quality issue. I only have a simple Sony digital camera that usually takes blurry pictures... Well, blurry if you compare it to a DSLR. My really good photos (those that get into the Style Gallery of Chictopia or those that get lots of faves) are those that have been taken by a pro camera. This makes me really want to invest in a good camera. I'm seriously considering it. :)

The photo below is one of those pro ones... Taken by a fashion photographer (who's only 18). His name's Bjorn. Some of you may know that my friend Kristen (http://happycache.tumblr.com) and I own an online store, Paperbag Vintage. So the picture below is actually one of the shots for our latest collection. I guess its sort of color-blocking inspired, in a way, since its purple and bright yellow. If the pants were more on the bright purple side, then they probably would've been more on the color blocking side. We'll see from the votes, comments, and faves on Chictopia (for this post) if the photo quality really influences. Lets wait and see. :)


HAT: SM
ACCESSORIES: SILVER, RANDOM BRAND
TOP: PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE
BAG: MANGO
PANTS: PAPERBAG VINTAGE 
SHOES: CHARLES & KEITH


Speaking of which, I'd like to commend my partner Kristen's latest Chictopia upload! She just made the cover of Chictopia! We styled the outfit together! Plus, the location and her pose with the bike is just sooo unique and awesome, you'd think she was an actual biker chick! Here's the photo:


ACCESSORIES: RANDOM
TOP: ZEBRA PRINT 
FAUX FUR VEST: PAPERBAG VINTAGE 
PANTS: PAPERBAG VINTAGE 
SHOES: RANDOM




BY THE WAY, DONT FORGET ABOUT MY CONTEST GUYS!!! JUST TO REMIND YOU,  I'M GIVING AWAY A FREE KONAD NAIL ART STAMPING SET. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IN RETURN IS FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT. DROP BY HERE
FOR THE DETAILS! :)

 




10 comments:

  1. I soo know how that feels.. To top it off, no one is there to take photos!!!:( FAB photo dear!! One of my FAVES!!! I enjoyed styling the shoot together too and this is one of my fave outfits-- I like the subtle color block!:) You have gorgeous photos!! Lurveee!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hii Gwyneth...thank you to drop by in my blog,,,i'm also new in blogging world :)
    i love your style,,,hat, yellow t-shirt, purple pants and boots are perfect combination.
    it will be nice if we follow each other...i'm following you now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit and the picture! amazing blog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was on your chictopia site yesterday!
    and today surprisingly and randomly found you again!
    you have very nice pictures by the way..
    well im following you, if you can, visit my blog and follow me too!
    :D
    xo,
    agustina from argentina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing outfit! New follower here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am in love with the first photo! everything about it is perfect! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIERCE outfit! thanks for checking out my blog and commenting :) your outfits are soo fashionable!
    I'm following back :)

    xx Grace

    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the wonderful comments guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, great photos ;p
    love your blog, is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your blog!! I am just about to head over to your Chictopia and fav you there too!

    xox

    ReplyDelete